Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Start of the book, 1984 (1)

So far, I have read up to page 23, and I think that some of the main events that have occurred are quite interesting. One of those events that I believe is really interesting is the Two Minute Hate. I believe that this is just a big manipulator to the people that live in the environment that they are living in. They are all shown on a big television screen about Emmanuel Goldstein. All the people (except Winston) believe that he is a horrible person who does not have the same ideas about live as they do. He is known as "the enemy of the people" who wants to overthrow the state or the people's party. I feel bad for him like Winston does because he is so hated by all of the party's people who watch him for two minutes every other day on the big television screen. If only those people knew that they were all being manipulated by their goverment, they would not probably all believe in and do what they are all being taught to believe and do. I think Winston is maybe the only smart one who thinks "Down with big brother" and that this is not the way of life. Ithink everyone should live in the way they want to live instead of being taught the same way in which the government wants them to live. The only think that I am worried about as I continue reading is whether or not Winston will get caught by the Thought Police after he writes in his diary about the past and thinks about being against their goverment and "Down with big brother."

No comments: